Immigration Issues/Terminating / Canceling Green Card

Question
Hello and Thank you.

My husband petition for his parents via I-130 to immigrate to the US, they were given their green cards and now they want to move back to China.  Can we terminate their Permenant Residency status and revoke their green cards?  If so how?

Thank you for your help

Answer

Since the parents have already received their green cards, only the parents can renounce their green cards. To do this, they should go to a U.S. Consulate in China and return the green cards to a consular officer.

In any event, if they depart the U.S. and do not return within one year, they will be considererd to have automatically abandoned their green card status.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora