You are here:

Immigration Issues/Third Family Preference


I am now a beneficiary of I-130 petition filed by my US parents. I would be grateful to you for informing when I can become a lawful permanent resident in the event that a visa is issued to me. Is the green card issued at the port of entry? When I become a lawful permanent resident, can I file a petition for my adult son immediately? Do I have to wait until I have a job in order to file I-130 for my son?

Thank you very much.  

If you are abroad, when your case reaches the front of the line you will get an immigrant visa interview and upon approval will get a visa package to travel to the U.S. At the airport, you willbe processed for your card and then you can apply for your adult son if he is single. The case will take about 7-10 years!! You do not need a job befor you file.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.