Immigration Issues/Tourist Visa

Question
Hello,

I would be grateful to you for informing me whether a person can sponsor his mother-in-law to come to the United States as a visitor. His wife has just been a permanent resident for a few months.

Thank you for your assistance.

Answer

You cannot sponsor your mother-in-law and assure that she will actually be issued a visitor visa. The family sponsorship categories are listed here: http://www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

Your mother-in-law will have to apply for a visitor visa directly at the nearest U.S. Consulate in her home country. It may be helpful to write a letter addressed to the Consulate. Mail this letter to your mother-in-law so that she can carry this letter with her to the interview. The letter can offer to pay for all of her expenses involved with her visit to the U.S. and ensuring that she will not violate the terms of her visa.

The following website may be helpful: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1264.html

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora