Immigration Issues/Transfer of expired H1B & H4 with valid I94
I am working for Company A and is currently at a client location in USA. I have recently got me and my family's I94 extended for the next 3 years from my current employer, since my H1B (H4 for family) visa & I94 expired last December. I am now seeking a change of Job and wish to transfer my H1B to Company B. I have already received a new petition along with the approved I94.
My questions are as follows:
1) Can the expired H1B (or H4) be transferred to company B ?
2) What are the things that I need to consider before I move into company B. More specifically, How should I ensure that company B has actually filed a transfer and at what point I should leave company A.
3) Suppose I take the offer from company B and work for a couple of months. If I now go back to India on a vacation and return to USA after a month, than how do I get my H1 (or H4 for family) stamped under Company B's name? Is it something that Company B needs to look into? Or should I be getting a H1B stamped with new company in USA, before I leave for India?
Thanks in advance
Jobseeker: The answers to your questions:
1) I do not understand this question as you state previously that you have extended your I-94 for the next 3 years.
2) You can tranfer to the new company as soon as your H-1B is filed. But if you wish to be sure that you can do so, then you can transfer after receiving the receipt notice.
3) The process to get a new H-1B visa would be similar to the one that you did earlier to enter the US.
Ashley & Krishnan
Houston, TX 77042