Immigration Issues/Trasfer of H-1B to E-2

Question
QUESTION: Dear Sir,

I am on H-1 and wife on H-4
My employer is winding his business in a month or so.
I remitted into the US about $ 55,000.00 from abroad and also sold a property in Pakistan to a company doing business in US and they paid $ 50,000.00 to me here in the US.
I had purchased a convenient store with that money.  Which is in business and has employed 3 US nationals on that.
Can I file a petition for change of status from H-1 to E-2, based on the investment?

Ejaz

ANSWER: Yes, their is a possibility for E-2 but I will first need to know your total investment in the store.  
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

QUESTION: The total values of the convenient store is $1,000,000.00 and my investment share is 40%, and 40% for my daughter and 20 % for a friend.

Answer
This question is too detailed to properly assess.  For example how you valuated the store, total investment in U.S. dollars etc. needs a detailed analysis and should require further consultation with an experienced attorney as emails are inadequate to discuss all issues involved.  You may contact us at www.ashleykrishnan.com
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley