Immigration Issues/Travel on Advance Parole

Question
I am planning to apply for the renewal of AP as my current AP expires in November. My question is while my renewal AP application is being processed can I exit US (planning a international trip in the month of September for 3 days) and reenter using the current AP (which is valid till Nov).

Will my AP renewal application be deemed abandoned if I exit US while it is in process ?Thanks!

Answer
Advance Parole
Most aliens who have pending applications for immigration benefits or for changes in nonimmigrant status need Advance Parole to re-enter the U.S. after traveling abroad. Aliens applying for advance parole on the basis of a pending application for adjustment of status must be approved for advance parole prior to leaving the United States in order to avoid the termination of their pending application for adjustment. Note: this does not apply to aliens who have applied to adjust to permanent resident status and who maintain H-1B (Specialty Worker) or L-1 (Intracompany Transferee) status, or their dependents, who have applied to adjust to permanent resident status and who have valid H-1B or L status and valid visas, V nonimmigrants who have a valid V nonimmigrant visa, are in valid V nonimmigrant status and have or obtain a valid V nonimmigrant visa before applying for readmission to the US, and K-3/4 nonimmigrants who have applied to adjust to permanent resident status and who have a valid K-3/4 nonimmigrant visa, are in valid K-3/4 nonimmigrant status and have or obtain a valid K-3/4 nonimmigrant visa before applying for readmission to the US. Refugees and asylees who have applied to adjust to permanent resident status under section 209 of the Immigration and Nationality Act may travel outside the United States on a valid Refugee Travel Document and do not need to apply for advance parole.
Aliens in the United States should, prior to departure, obtain Advance Parole in order to re-enter the United States after travel abroad if they have:

Filed an application for adjustment of status but have not received a decision from the USCIS;
Hold refugee or asylee status and intend to depart temporarily to apply for a U.S. immigrant visa in Canada; and/or
An emergent personal or bona fide reason to travel temporarily abroad. Applicants who are the beneficiary of a Private bill and Applicants who are under deportation proceedings must file to the Department of Homeland Security, 425 I Street, NW, ATTN: Parole and Humanitarian Assistance Branch, Washington, DC 20536
Aliens in the United States are not eligible for Advance Parole if they are:

In the United States illegally;
An exchange alien subject to the foreign residence requirement;
Please note that Advance Parole does not guarantee admission into the U.S. Aliens with Advance Parole are still subject to the immigration inspections process at the port of entry

David