Immigration Issues/Travel Permission

Question
Dear Mr.Hollander,
I entered this country legally by K-1 visa in Sept 2006, and then got married in Nov 2006, my husband is US citizen. My question is in the waiting period on adjustment of visa status, is there any possibility to go to my home country(indonesia) for visit, etc? And how do I get the travel permission and how long i can stay in my country?
Thank you so much for your time.
Sincerely,
Nur

Answer
Dear Nur: I am not sure if this question is addressed to me or Mr. Hollander. However, the short answer to your question. You need to apply for an Advance Parole (I-131) and on approval you will able to leave the country during the period your adjustment of status is pending.

Sincerely,

Ramasamy Krishnan
Ashley & Krishnan
9801 Westheimer
Suite 302
Houston,TX 77042
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan