Immigration Issues/Traveling on a Parole

Question
Dear Mr. Arora,

I'm wondering if you can help me with the issue me and my wife (she is the US citizen) have been pondering about.

We had our immigration interview (after 1.5 years of marriage) month and a half ago.  We didn't bring enough supporting evidence so they told us to come back in November with more evidence.

The problem is that -

1. We want to visit my family in Europe (Georgia) together for about a month in September.  That's how we had originally planned.

2.  I work for a film production company and my boss might want me to go to Canada for 3-4 weeks  this summer for film shoot.  

I'm wondering what can I do?  Would I be able to leave the country with my wife to visit my family and before that to go for film shoot in Canada?  How could I do it?  Would there be any implication at the second interview?  The interviewing officer told us that she wouldn't recommend me to travel before the second interview is not over, but she wouldn't explain why she doesn't recommend.  What could happen?

I had an F-1 visa which expired in 2002, and in 2004 I got married.  

Thank you very much.

Ray

Answer
Hi Ray,

If you have applied for and been issued advance parole document, then you can travel and be assured of entry into the U.S. (assuming that you were maintaining valid nonimmigrant status at the time that the adjustment of status application was filed).

Form I-131 can be downloaded here: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-131.htm

Do not travel without the advance parole document; otherwise you will be unable to come back to the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora