Immigration Issues/USCIS/Third Party correspondence

I have a k-1 petition that was sent back to the usa for possible revocation due to "third party correspondence" from my fiancees side in China.

I am going to appeal... my fiancee was clean on all background checks, and I suspect the "correspondence" is from a jealous friend.

2 questions...

What is the usual nature of such correspondence?

If USCIS misplaced my file (which I just found out), do i have any legal recourse? They have no doubt cost me more time and frustration. I can't help but think they want to correct the situation..and perhaps their mistakes work in my favor?  

There is no "usual nature" of this type of correspondence.  It could be anything.  USCIS often misplaces files but they almost always find them.  Probably, theree will be some delays.  Unless you pull them into federal court (which will cost several thousand dollars, at least, there's not much that can be done except keep bothering them periodically and move the case forward.

James D. Mills, Esq.

I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.

I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997