Immigration Issues/Urgent help :Convert L-2 to some other visa to work

Question
QUESTION: Hi
I m here in US on L-2 Visa with which I m totally depending on my husbands's stay and that's y can't commit to some company for job as my stay is here till my husband's company will allow him to work here. I wish to work here so can u pls suggest me how and when to convert my visa in some other and which one. H-1 is not possible i guess as its cap has already reached . Pls tell me a way as I have a very good oppurtunity in my hand which I really don't want to loose.

ANSWER: Asha,
I would suggest that you file for an EAD card form I765.  This will allow you to work for anyone in the US.  Once the cap opens up again then you can file for an H and not be dependent on your husband to stay in the US.  It takes two to three months to get this approved.  
Good Luck.
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

QUESTION: thanks sir,but if my husbands has to go before the opening of the cap then I don't know wht to do.thanks in advance

Answer
Asha,
If you husband has to leave then your L 2 is gone as well.  If you can, perhaps you could convert to F1 status as a student.  This will at least allow you to stay in the country.  Without knowing more, it is impossible for me to accurately tell you all options that you may have or may not have in this forum.  I would suggest that you contact an attorney for a consultation.  Good luck.
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley