Immigration Issues/VISA


I am currently working in USA on H1B visa. I came to USA in 2006 and last year I changed my employer two times. The visa in my passport shows my old employer and H1B information and its expiry date is Sept. 2008. I am planning to visit India in March 2008. Do I need to go for a visa stamping in India, to reenter USA. If a visa stamping is required, can I get the visa stamped in Canada. My current I-129 and I-94 are valid till July 2009.

Binny John: You can reenter US on your current visa before it expires on Sept 2008. You need to take with your original H-1B approval notice and a letter from your employer showing your current employment.

Ramasamy Krishnan
Attorney at Law
Ashley & Krishnan
9801 Westheimer, Suite 302
Houston, TX 77042

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.