Immigration Issues/VISA


My name is Jayda. I am on my OPT right now which will expire in less than a month. I am on the process of applying my working visa—I just smitted all my papers two weeks ago. I guess I won't be able to get my working visa till Oct. Do you know any visa that I could apply before I get my working permit that will allow me to travel or work in the States?
I also have another question. My boyfriend who is an American citizen and I is going to get married next month. If I get married with him and start to file the paper for my permanent resident, how long does it take for me to get a visa that will allow me to travel and work?
I am really confused. I am not sure should I cancel my application for working visa and then just file my paper work for permanent resident after getting married with my boyfriend. I don't know which way is easier and shorter for me to work in the States and travel back to my country.
Please advise

The marriage case will solve your problem of being out of stauts. You have 60 days after your OPT is done to marry and file the paperwork. It will then take about 2-3 months to get a work permit and travel permission.

You do not meed to cancel the paperwork for the H-1 but there is no way to keep you in status from 60 days after OPT ends until October 1. You would have to leave the country in August and come back with a H-1 visa after it is approved.

I would just do the marriage case.

Let me know if you need a good lawyer to process the paperwork.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.