Immigration Issues/Visa

Question
Hi im in the army and i am in germany ive been here for over two years and am getting ready to go be stationed back in the states and ive been with my girlfriend pretty much the whole time while i was here and we she wants to get a visa so she can come to the states and work and live with here brother in denver where is not to far from where ill be going is can she get a visa that will let her work and live there? i no she can get a temp. visa but i dont think it will be good enough for her to work or is it?

Answer
This is too complicated a question, and you have given me too little information. Plus this is not a good place to try to work through such complicated issues.

However:

1.  She does not need a visa to visit the US since Germans are on the Visa Waiver program (she will only need a valid
German Passport).

2.  No tourist is allowed to work while in the USA.  She may come here and look around and hunt for a job, but that is all.

3.  To work in the US requires either a permanent visa (usually family related) or sponsorship from an employer.  The worker must either be a professional (college degree or higher) or be certified as a worker in a field where there is a lack of competent US workers (very difficult to establish).

It looks like you are going to have a decision to make. I had a similar situation happen to me in 1988.  She is now my wife.  Don't know if that is the right thing for you, but ultimately it is the choice you are going to have to make I suspect.

Alexander J. Hay