Immigration Issues/Visa for my husband

Question
I am permanant resident of USA, i got married last month in india, is there any way i can bring my husband to live in USA he does not have to work, because i will be citizen next year and i don't know how long it will take him to come here.

Answer
Hi Jaime,

You can file a petition for alien relative (Form I-130) for your husband, but he won't be able to join you for about 4 years because that it how long it will take for a visa to be available (if you remain a permanent resident). The following webpage from our website is helpful: http://www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

However, since you are planning on becoming a U.S. citizen, my recommendation is not to file anything at this time. When you become a U.S. citizen, you can file for K-3 visa for your husband, which will allow him to join you on K-3 visa, and when he joins you in the U.S. his adjustment of status application can be filed.

If your husband applies for a visitor visa at this time, the Consulate will deny the visitor visa.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora