Immigration Issues/Visa questions

Question
I have an MSEE degree.

First Issue:
Right now, I am currently on OPT, which started in Feb. which means it lasts until Feb. '06.  I haven't found a job yet but I am worried about the H-1B quote.  How long do I realistically have to find a job while on OPT and still be able to apply for an H-1B?  How will I know if the quote for 2006 has been reached?  At what time is the quote typically reached?  

Second Issue:
I am thinking about going to a technical college to gain an associates or a technical degree in computer/CAD drafting.  It is not a full bachelor's degree but just some form of certification.  Will I get another OPT after completing this type of program?

Thanks

Answer
Hi Lance,

You realistically have until about the end of July, 2005 to find a job before the cap is reached. Last year it was reached at the end of September, but our forecast for July takes into account people making an extra effort to file H-1B petition earlier. When the visa cap is announced, it will be on the uscis website at www.uscis.gov as well as our website at www.h1b1.com/updates.htm

You can continue to maintain your student status by enrolling in a associate or technical program. Make sure you are issued another I-20. You will not be entitled to another I-20.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora