Immigration Issues/Visa stamping

Question

I'm in US right now. My company A (who sponsored BL1) is asking me to go for BL1 stamping in Chennai,India consulate once i return to India this September, 2006. In this scenario what will happen to my H1B visa from company B (who had applied for Change of Status as on Oct 2006).

Is it possible to go for BL1 stamping in Chennai and then return to US sometime in Jan 2007 through my BL1 and then join transfer to company B.

Answer

In your scenario, you will enter the U.S. on L1B visa status. You should then work only for the L1B employer.

In the future (such as January, 2007), you can go to the U.S. Consulate again and apply for H-1B visa (based on the H-1B approval notice that you already have) in the name of Company B. Then you can enter the U.S. on H-1B visa status, and you should work only for Company B at that time.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora