Immigration Issues/Visa

Question
I have j-1 visa and i want to exchange it on B-2 or h2b visa,can i do it in the US? My j-1 visa will expired in 3 weeks. What can I do to stay in the US legally

Answer
Hi Veronika,

First you need to determine if you are subject to the 2-year home country requirement. This will be noted on the J-1 visa in your passport.

If you are subject to the 2-year home country requirement, you will need a waiver from the State Department in order to change status. If you are not subject to the 2-year home country requirement, you can change status to other visa statuses.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora