Immigration Issues/Vistor Visa


Thank you for taking my question. I would like to have someone come visit me for 2 weeks from Kampala, Uganda. I am a United States Citizen. Can you please tell me what is the neccassary requirements or what I would need to provide such as proper documentations?
Thanks again and God Bless you.  

All you can do is provide a letter inviting the person and making it clear that you will provide free room and board.  Additionally, you should provide evidence (payroll records, tax returns or other information) that proves that you have the ability to do so.  The alien will need to convince the consulate that s/he intends to return to their home country when the trip is over and does NOT intend to remain in the US or immigrate.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


James D. Mills, Esq.


I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.


I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]