Immigration Issues/Out-of-Wedlock Child



I have a married friend who is being petitioned by his U.S. father. However, he has a child born out of his marriage. Hw wants to know whether he can take this child with him to the United States.

Thank you very much.

Quang: This is a complex issue but I think he can if he can prove paternity and establish existence of a bonafide father-child relationship. Therefore, I would suggest that you consult with an attorney to further explore this.


Ramasamy Krishnan  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.