Immigration Issues/Work Visa


I am currently in the U.S, on B-2 visa and I was able to find an employer (a doctor) who is willing to sponsor/petition me & hire me as his secretary in his home clinic. Would it be possible to have all the application/petition done here in the U.S.? or do i have to go back to my home country (Philippines) and apply from  there? Please enlighten me with the procedure.  

You need to get an experienced immigration attorney to help you.  Are you a qualified nurse? Do you have the education to back up the visa?  Is the doctor going to pay you the going rate?  The employer does not just decide to hire you.  There are a lot of steps in the process.  Good luck.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.