You are here:

Immigration Issues/Work permit for spouse



  My company in India is willing to give me L1 for work in US.

 But I am concerned on the below:

a) Will my husband be given L2?

b) He has experience in sales and will he be able to work in Arizona?

c) If yes, what are ways he can work...does he need EAD, or a petition. How long would this take?

d) I heard that if my pay is above a minimum threshold then
his EAD can be rejected. Is that right?

I would really appreciate your help in this state of confusion for me.

1) Yes he will be given L-2.
2) This is a legal forum, so I will be unable to answer questions regarding job opportunities and qualifications.
3) He needs to apply for an EAD to work in the US
4) No you heard wrong.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.