Immigration Issues/Working beyond OPT

Dear Ramasamy,
Thankyou for answering my previous question. I am working on my OPT on a contract position and my company wants to make me permanent now.Is there anyway I can work for them beyond my OPT,since the H1 is gone?

Ruhnaz: If your are a researcher and the job is in R&D you can try for an O-1 visa. Besides this I do not see any other option. Please note that my advise is limited by this format as well as the information provided.

Best of luck.

Ramasamy Krishnan
Attorney at Law

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,