Immigration Issues/adjustment of status

Question
I got assylum 6 years ago and now my application for adjustment of staus is approved. I am asked to bring  photogrphs,I-94 and passport to local INS office.
Question is
I do not have passport,it was kept by Travel Agent in mexico at that time. What should I do.
In approval letter it is no mentioned that there will be any interview just says your case is approved
Will there be some question, if yes can you give me some example
Thanks
Moe

Answer
You should speak to the attorney handling your case.  I have not encountered this situation before and I would need to research to see if there is any way around it.  You certainly should have considered this difficulty while you had time to take action.  What authority did a mexican travel agent have to keep your passport and why did you not object at the time?

James D. Mills, Esq.