You are here:

Immigration Issues/left without advance parole, stuck- and F1 okay?


I was mislead by some DHS staff, she told me that the
Advance parole could be sent to the embassy in Shanghai.
that;s how I left US without it.NOw I can not go for my
student visa either ,even though I am still a ph.d student in
the States .

the only option seems that I wait for  my husband to mail me
the advance parole. But I just heard that if they find out
that I left the States without it , they would not let me in
either, which is fairly easy to find out maybe at the entry

my husband is telling me to get a student
visa to go back to US,    so we are
obviously very  deseprate.

please , can I still go for student visa since I already
started 485 process. my MSN :,
or please just email me back at this address.

thanks !

I think you should get the Advance Parole and try to enter with it.  You will have valid documents, and although you did leave without it, you have permission to re-enter within a certain date.

No guarantee, but it is better than your other choices.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]