Immigration Issues/advance parole to travel abroad

Question
Hi

I am applying to adjust my status (from F1 student to permanent resident due to marriage) and I will be sending, in the same package, a request for advance parole so that I can travel abroad. I have two questions:
1) Is it ok to send the advance parole request along with the I-485 and petition of alien relative? The forms are not very clear on that issue.

2)For how long is, usually, the advance parole document valid?

I appreciate your time and attention.

Thanks

Debora Viana

Answer
At this point I don't know.  They used to be very strict about advance parole, but they are taking so long to process the applications that even they are starting to realize that it is just unreasonable to expect people to wait that long.

It is worth a try.  In the past they have denied them.  But in the past they denied a lot of things they are approving now.  Give it a try.

Good luck

ps:  if you get it let me know!  

Alexander J. Hay