Immigration Issues/advance parole

Question
Hi there,

First let me thank you for your time. My husband and I applied for what we thought was advance parole and the paperwork was due back a few days after we were due to leave the country. We called the immigration offices several times and they assured us that the paperwork was received and would be back within the time frame. We received our answer while we were visiting scotland(his home country) and apparently we filed with the wrong office which made it a reentry permit rather then advance parole. I was 5 months pregnant at the time and so we called immigratrion again to see what our choices were. They told us we could stay in thee country and apply for his citizenship there or try our luck with him buying a return ticket and saying he was just visiting. As I was pregnant and he was the sole worker we decided to try our luck and he got back into the country fine. Now we have his interview in two weeks and we are afraid that when they see what we did they will kick him out. Our baby is now 2 months old and he is still the sole bread winner in the house. My question is this- what are the chances of him getting kicked out? Do they routinely kick people out for this sort of think or what will happen? Thank you again for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Kelly L. Cornwall

Answer
I wish I had a good answer for you.  This is one of the reasons why you get an attorney to do these things for you.  The problem here is that you need to know what to do and what not to do, not just what to put into a form.

But all the same all you can hope for is a friendly officer. I don't think you should have problems, but I would not raise the issue if I were you.  

Alexander J. Hay