Immigration Issues/affidavit of support

Question
Thanks very much for your advice.  We took your advice and completed both i-864 and i-864a, I the immigrating spouse has earned over the poverty line myself over the past few yrs.  The examiner asked for the support contract and I just realised that I only gave her the i-864a.  Should I mail in the i-864 or wait for a letter requesting further evidence??  By the way she said were approved but first security measures has to be conducted before I receive the green card.

Thanks again
-------------------------------------------
The text above is a follow-up to ...

-----Question-----
thanks alot.  We had a co sponsor filed when we originally filed the i-485 back in March 2005.  So would that document still be valid enough to support us??  Thanks

The text above is a follow-up to ...

-----Question-----
I just received a letter for the ajustment of status interview.  I was wondering if we would be eligible to not need a new affidavit of support?

Our filed joint income for :-

2004 is $12,248

in 2005 $32,348

in 2006 we can file anything over $45,000 if necessary

Also when is it necessary to have an attorney attend the interview???

One last thing we got married in less then a year of meeting, is that bad??

-----Answer-----
Your 2004 is not sufficient. SInce your 2005 and 2006 is ok they may let it slide. To be safe I would have a co-sponsor I-864 prepared in case they ask.

You do not need a lawyer for anything in life, but sometimes it is better.

The fact that you married within a year of meeting is not bad in and of itself. You need to provide documentation of your marriage and answer the questions consistantly.

Robert
-----Answer-----
Since it is more than a year old, I recommend bringing a new form to the interview with updated documents for you and the co-sponsor.

Robert  

Answer
It will be difficult to hook up your submission with the file now. If she said the case is just pending secuirty clearances, it should be approved without any furterh evidence or interviews. I would just check on the status of your case every 30-60 days. If it becomes an issue later you can always provide it to them.

Robert

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>