Immigration Issues/application for naturalisation

Question

Hi Ajay

I have a question about the naturalisation application. I had an arrest which was dismissed in my favor in court so there was no conviction and the records were sealed. I was told in the court that the arrest is nullified and I can legally say I was never arrested. I did the same in the N400 application and did not mention the arrest. I was told latter by an attorney that I was supposed to detail the arrest even though there was no conviction. I did an FBI rap sheet check and a good conduct check and my record shows clean. My question is should I append the application somehow or since all fbi records show clean leave it the way it is. Iam not sure what other databases INS looks into apart from FBI. Any help will be appreticated

regards

Edward

Answer
Hi Edward,

I recommend sending a letter to the USCIS (attach copy of the N-400 receipt notice with case number so that your letter is connected with the proper N-400 application) and explain that you wish to amend your N-400 with details of an arrest that occurred earlier. Please attach a disposition of the case with the letter.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora