You are here:

Immigration Issues/applying a green card for my daughter


I'm a US permanent resident but most of the past 20  years, I reside oversea. I'd like to know if I'll get my premanent residence status when I apply a green card for my daughter (she's 10) since I've not been living in the US for the past 20 years.  

If you have made one trip a year since your a permanent resident, you still are considered a permanent resident and can apply for oyur daughter. That case will take about 5 years. If you have not made one trip a year here, you may be consdiered to have abandoned your green card. If you are here now, I would recommend filing for your daughter now. Give them a copy of your Green card and it should be ok. If you are not here now, you should come back in and see if they question you upon arrival.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.