Immigration Issues/b1 and h1 from different employers

Question
Currently my H1 is being processed by consultant A for the Oct 2007 entry and I have an RFE for it from USCIS. But now I've got an offer from consultant B for processing B1 for a short term project of 6 months. Now am in India and havent visited US earlier. Can the processing of B1 and H1 be done in parallel and can I work for consultant B on B1 till December 07 and then if my H1 is approved (which is in process now), can I switch to H1 from January 08 in the event of both consultants agreeing for such an arrangement ? Thank you in advance for your reply !  

Answer
Kris,
Both B1 and H1 can be processed simultaneously, however you will not be able to just "switch" from B to H in the US. You would either go back and reenter the US after obtaining a H visa or the "consultant" should amend the H.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
Attorney at Law
Ashley & Krishnan
9801 Westheimer
Suite 302
Houston,TX 77042
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan