Immigration Issues/I had a baby in USA with a Visa, Now Im going to ask for a J1 visa, what could happen?

Question
I am going to apply for a visa J1 (I already have my employment contract) I have to fill out the form  DS 158 about Contact information from children, parents and siblings, What could happen if I decided to omit the information that I have a son?

Do they have a way to find out that I had a child in the United States?

Could they cancel my visa if I put the name of my son and they verify that he was born in the USA?

What would you recommend? Do not going to the consulate because I can lose my Visa B1/B2 or go without fear?

Thank you!  

Answer

You must tell the truth about any family members. Having a baby in the U.S. should have no bearing on the adjudication of any immigration matter since the child is not able to sponsor you until he or she is 21 years of age. Therefore, you are unlikely to be considered to have an intent to immigrate to the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora