Immigration Issues/boyfriend

Question
well my boyfriend/husband is an illegal immigrant,but has been in the us since the age of 5 and is now 23.weve been living together for over a year now. he and i wish to get married, the problem is that when he was younger he lost his birth certificate, and has nothing,and by nothing i mean no id no proof of identification,noting in general.the state of Texas requires state id and social security card to get married. i guess my question is, what can we do in this situation?

Answer
Marriage would provide him with a lot of solutions. However, getting his id is something that must be done.  You and he will need to get his birth certificate.  This is not so difficult.  You just contact the authorities in whatever state he was born, and ask for a copy.  You may need to get someone to do some research if you do not have enough information to correctly identify him.  Once you have the birth certificate, he needs to apply for a Mexican passport.

Alexander J. Hay