You are here:

Immigration Issues/My brother's I-130 and visit Visa to USA


Dear Sir, Last month I got my US Citizenship and applied for my brother's green card (I-130) few days ago. However, my brother also wants to visit us for a month and I have heard that if his petition for green card is filed with USCIS, he wouldn't get visitor's visa from the embassy. Is this correct? Please help me in this regard.

Best regards, Imtiaz

One requirement to get a B (visitor) visa is that you show the  U.S. Consulate that you do not have immigrant intent.  As he has filed for a green card, he has shown immigrant intent.
I wish I had some good news for you but sometimes that is how it goes.  
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.