You are here:

Immigration Issues/how can i cancel oversea marriged


I married a girl in Vietnam two years ago. I just found out that she has been dating someone else, now i want to cancel this married , and also cancel with the INS services, what do i need to do ?

You can get a divorce here in the US. It would depend on how long you guys have been separated, and the state you reside,some states require a year, others 6 months....

Call the INS customer service and give them the receipt numbers for the petition you filed and take it from there..

Thank you,
Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.