Immigration Issues/change of employer -H1B extension approval pending

Question
My H1B expires by 31st dec 2007 and i have applied for extension and the application status is received and being processed .

My doubts are

1. Could I change my employer whenever i receive my H1 approval letter ?

2. Is there any condition that i have to get my visa stamped during at the time of change of employer ? or else approval letter is enough ?

3. Any chance of my holidays spent in native country be calculated and added in the second span of h1 approval or else i need to apply for that separately?

brookbond  

Answer

You can change your employer anytime. You can also have multiple H-1B approval notices, and as long as you are working for at least one of those employers you continue to maintain H-1B status.

A valid visa stamp is required only for entry to the U.S. from foreign travel abroad. Therefore, the H-1B approval notice from the USCIS is enough to continue to remain and work legally in the U.S.

Yes, you can recapture time spent abroad. However, the H-1B approval will be valid only for maximum of 3 years at one time (there is an aggregate of six years allowed in H-1B status).

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora