Immigration Issues/can I change jobs?

I got an employment based green card 3 and a half months ago. Can I quit my current job and move on to do something else as far as my job. Is there any restriction of that? Can an employment based permanent resident change his jobs?

Thank you.

There is no restriction.  The problem is that at the time of getting your green card you must have intended to work for the sponsoring employer "permanently".  That does not mean forever.  I can't give much of an opinion on this since it is so fact sensitive.

James D. Mills, Esq.

I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.

I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997