Immigration Issues/check status I-485

My I485 was filed to Nebraska Service Center more than a year ago in 2006.

I made an inquiry in Feb. 2007 and I got a letter, it says that “your (my) case is not ready for decision, as the required investigation into your (my) background remains open.”

I made another inquiry in the late April 2007 and I got an email, it says that “We (they) are actively processing this case. However, we (they) have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time.”

Then I went to the Infopass yesterday to check my status again, the lady told me that the screen shows the Name Check for me is still pending and let me send a G14 form to Nebraska Service Center.

I really don’t know what my status is.
Is it in FBI Name Check or in their additional review within USCIS?
What should I ask when I file G-14?
What else can I do to find right status on my I485?

Thanks for your help.  

You have done all that needs to be done.  Unfortunately, name checks are done by the FBI and you have to wait on them.  I do not know anything else to advise you to do other than wait.  Thousands of applicants are in your same position and you need to be patient and wait.
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient