Immigration Issues/US child

Question
I have an American baby (months old). My husband is here on H1B but I had her on a visitors visa. I am supposed to submit my application so I can be on a H4. Before I do this I would like to find out if being the mother to a US citizen entitles me to bring her up here i.e. residency or atleast some form of visitors visa so that I can ensure that she stays or visits her country. Being an infant she would not be able to do this without me. Is there a procedure that caters to this group of mums?

Answer

Your daughter is automatically a U.S. citizen and can enter and stay in the U.S. without any restrictions. However, your daughter can sponsor you only when she is 21 years old.

If you wish to remain in the U.S., you will need valid independent nonimmigrant visa status (such as H-4 or B-2). You cannot be granted B-2 status or any other status to remain in the U.S. based solely on having a U.S. citizen child.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora