Immigration Issues/citizen in love with illegal alien

Question
I am a U.S. citizen in love with a Mexican citizen.  He came illegally.  We want to marry.  What is the best way to go... regarding on becoming legal.  Also, is it better to wait and get married or can we become legally married now?

Answer
Yoou can marry if you like but if he entered the United States illegally, and nobody filed an application for a green card for him prior to April 1, 2001, he  can not obtaain a  green card without leaving the United States. The law will need to change for him to obtain immigration benefits from his marriage to you.  

James D. Mills, Esq.