Immigration Issues/citizenship

Question
I am a permanent resident since 03 20 2001. one of my trips outside the USA was 7.5 months, school related. my question is: did this trip interrupted my continues residency and can I apply for citizenship? My overall amount of days that I traveled is 398 for the last 5 years.
thank you for your help!
sincerely, margarita

Answer
Please read the following requirements to qualify for permanent residency:
An applicant is eligible to file if, immediately preceding the filing of the application, he or she:

- has resided continuously as a lawful permanent resident in the U.S. for at least 5 years prior to filing with no single absence from the United States of more than one year;

-has been physically present in the United States for at least 30 months out of the previous five years (absences of more than six months but less than one year shall disrupt the applicant's continuity of residence unless the applicant can establish that he or she did not abandon his or her residence during such period)

- has resided within a state or district for at least three months  

David