You are here:

Immigration Issues/conditional green card


I was married for two years, and I now doubt that my wife entered into the marriage in good faith. Shortly after we were married she had violent outbursts, threatened suicide and physically hurt herself once when I threatened to call police, she said she would tell them I hurt her. I am a 64 year old partially disabled man while she is a 35 year old healthy women with a masters in computer. In the divorce decree she was awarded no alimony but she found a clause in the affidavit of support when she claims I must give her $1000 per month while she does not work for ten years. There is nothing in joint names and I have filed a petition to be withdrawn as sponsor. She has a conditional green card. What are my rights, and can I be held to this affidavit for ten years?

You are only responsible to pay aback any monies the governemtn gives her whcih is not likely. If the affidavit you are referring to is an I-134 form, it is questionable whehter it is even enforceable. If the form is I-864 it is a bit more binding but oinly to the extent of monies given to her by welfare or other governmental agency and they would have to sue you for it.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.