Immigration Issues/confused


I filed a I130 for my child unmarried over 21, before April 30,2001, at that time I was permanent Resident, I became a citizen in Sept. 2004, and updated the application.  I still have not heard anything yet, what should I do.

Also, my child enter us as a student with a Hb1visa, but I just filed for him in April withi130, he has a social number and is currently working, when the petition is complete and the uscis is ready to do background check will this be a problem, and can he apply for travel documents?
Please advise

You did not need to file new I-30 after you became a citizen. You should write to the Service center where you filed the pre 4/30/01 case and ask them to change the category to F1 from F2B. Once they do that and approve the I-130 he can file for adjustment of status/work and travel.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.