Immigration Issues/Your contradictory answers on H1B usage

Question
Hi Ajay

I had a query regarding H1B. I have an H1B visa stamped sponsored by Company A. Its been 7 months but I have not been sent to the US. Can I apply to company B in India and go to the US for THEIR assignment using the same VISA?

I had heard that once you get your visa stamped thru company A, you can change your job without losing your VISA ONLY AFTER ENTERING US THRU COMPANY A ONLY , switching my job and then applying for H1 transfer? Was this wrong? Is it possible to utilize company A's visa without even going to US?

If it is possible:
a. Would the company B have to file a petition?
b. Can that be done only in October 2008 now? (I know that I wont be considered in the CAP though)
c. If it can be done anytime now, how long will it take to get approved? Is it a mere formality or is it tough to get it approved?
d. Would I have to go to the Consulate for VISA stamping again?
e. What happens to the VISA stamp for Company A?

I read your answers two two seperate questions which appeared to be the same as mine.

But you say I need to go for VISA stamping on http://en.allexperts.com/q/Immigration-Issues-344/H1B-question.htm

But you say I need NOT go for VISA stamping and just approval letter from company B would be enough on http://en.allexperts.com/q/Immigration-Issues-344/Reg-H1B.htm

Is there a mistake in my undertstanding?  

Answer

Since your intention upon entry into the U.S. would be to work for Co. B only, this company (Co. B) would need to file an H-1B petition for you. Upon approval of the petition, you would apply at the Consulate for issuance of a visa with Co. B's name.

Since you had earlier obtained H-1B visa through Co. A, Co. B would be able to file H-1B petition for you now. The petition should be approved; it should not be any tougher than the petition filed by Co. A. The Consulate would probably revoke Co. A's visa when issuing H-1B visa through Co. B.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora