Immigration Issues/counceling process


I am a U.S citizen, my spouse entered the U.S without inspection and has been here for over 7 years. Can she under current law file a petition for immgrant, get an approval and then go to mexico through the counceling process and potentially receive her green card?  

Since she has been illegally present in the US for more than 365 days, she will be subject to a 10 year bar if she leaves.  She would need a waiver to get back in.  Whether there are any possiblities to adjust in the United States, or whether she would qualify for a waiver (it would probably take about a year to get) are too fact specific to be addressed in this forum.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


James D. Mills, Esq.


I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.


I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997

©2017 All rights reserved.