Immigration Issues/counceling process

Question
I am a U.S citizen, my spouse entered the U.S without inspection and has been here for over 7 years. Can she under current law file a petition for immgrant, get an approval and then go to mexico through the counceling process and potentially receive her green card?  

Answer
Since she has been illegally present in the US for more than 365 days, she will be subject to a 10 year bar if she leaves.  She would need a waiver to get back in.  Whether there are any possiblities to adjust in the United States, or whether she would qualify for a waiver (it would probably take about a year to get) are too fact specific to be addressed in this forum.

James D. Mills, Esq.