Immigration Issues/crime of moral turpitude

Question
My friend emmigrated to the U.S. in 1993 as a refugee. Was granted assylum in 1996. Received his green card in 2001. Was convicted in 2005 of a class B misdemeanor charge of attempted endangering the welfare of a child and was given a one year conditional discharge. He is in the process of negotiating a six month or 363 days conditional discharge. If he is able to get his sentence shortened, will he still be deportable?

Answer
Depending on his past history and the elements of this current conviction, including what his actual sentence was this time.  Although he might have been convicted on a misdemeanor, under Immigration Law, it could be considered an Aggravated Felony.  Again, not seeing the verbage of the charge and actual conviction record, I cannot discern what his status might be.  

David