Immigration Issues/crimminal case

My husband and i met as he was working in the us on a work visa-we married in june of this year. Earlier in the year we had a falling out and the whole thing resulted in his being charged with domestic violence, It was actually both our fault but the state wouldn't drop the charges. He received a deferred sentance and is on probation for 18 months. what sort of problems will this create when we apply for a gc?

The answer could vary greatly and I would need to review the case and conviction thoroughly to say.  It may not be a problem at all, or it could make him deportable.  Domestic violence convictions are taken VERY seriously.  

You really need to have an immigration attorney review the entire file to get a valid opinion.

James D. Mills, Esq.

I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.

I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997