Immigration Issues/delay in oath ceremony

My fiance went for his interview on may15 06 and was told thast his file is approved.We went thru an attorney.By november when we didnt get any letter for oath ceremony, we found out that his file had been closed n sent to the archives thinking that this case is okayed and closed.Now 4 months after finding the error and reopening the file and after repeated asurances from the immigration office that they are going to expedite this,we are still waiting n wondering what happened n what to do.The attorney says we and he cant meet anybody in the immigration office as that is not the procedure and when he calls up,most of the time no one picks the phone and he ends up leaving a message w/0 getting any reply.
:What are our options now?
:What could be the reason for the delay?
:Can we take any legal action and how long does it normally take after taking legal action?

Take a appointment with the local immigration office and meet them in person. If that does not work, meet your local congressman or senator and explain the situation. They would send an enquiry and check on it. This will at least get their attention and schedule for the oath ceremony.

There is no point in calling the immigration office, unless you know the extension number of the officer and talk to him in person. Anyone call the info line and leave a message.

I am assuming that this is in regards to your naturalization  application. So if the above does not work, you can file a writ of mandamus and the court will direct them to adjudicate your petition.

Ramasamy Krishnan
9801 Westheimer
Suite 302
Houston, TX 77042

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,