Immigration Issues/denial letter


yes i am a us citizen yes he does have a work permit.
The text above is a follow-up to ...

I married my hubsband here in the us and i sponsored him to change status,and there was a joint sponsor but still it was not enough money, so my question is. My husband is now working and the company is looking to employ him soon . can we combine our income to met the amount, if so how do we do this and how do we file a motion cause they said that we could not appeal, and since we did the forms ourselves there is a lot of incorrect information on it, please help, the date of the denial letter is dec13,2006
Your question is very confusing.  Are you a US Citizen, if so, did you file a petition for immediate relative (I-130)? What is his status in the US? Does he have authorization to work?  What do you mean by a joint sponsor?
Be clear with your question.  You must file the appeal within 30 days.

Use form I-290B
Should a petition or application be denied or revoked by the USCIS, in most cases you may appeal that decision to a higher authority. The Administrative Appeals Office ("AAO") has jurisdiction over 40 petitions and applications. Please see 8 CFR 103.1 (f)(3)(iii) for further information . If you receive a denial notice, it will advise you of your right to appeal, the correct appellate jurisdiction (AAO or BIA), and provide you with the appropriate appeal form and time limit.

There are strict deadlines that must be met to properly file an appeal. The appeal must be filed with the correct fee at the office that made the original decision. You may file a brief (explanation) in support of the appeal. After review, the appellate authority may agree with you and change the original decision, disagree with you and affirm the original decision, or send the matter back to the original office for further action.

In addition to the right to appeal (in which you ask a higher authority to review a denial), you may file a motion to reopen or a motion to reconsider with the office that made the unfavorable decision. By filing these motions, you may ask the office to reexamine or reconsider its decision. A motion to reopen must state the new facts that are to be provided in the reopened proceeding and must be accompanied by affidavits or other documentary evidence. A motion to reconsider must establish that the decision was based on an incorrect application of law or USCIS policy, and further establish that the decision was incorrect based on the evidence in the file at the time the decision was made. Any motion to reopen or reconsider must be filed with the correct fee within 30 days of the decision.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Immigration Law enforcement Border Patrol


30 years Immigration law enforcement/management, criminal investigations, Homeland Security including Border Patrol operations

©2017 All rights reserved.