Immigration Issues/deportation

Question
Hello,

I just have a quick question. I have a friend who has been deported last year. I need to know, is there a possibility that he could come back if let's say someone would go there and marry him? Would she be able to bring him back that way?

Thanks.

Answer
Depends why he was deported.  Criminal activity? Administative?  At a minimum, he is banned from the US for a period 5 years.  After 5 years he may request permission to apply for a visa to enter the US. Marrying the individual will make no difference in the length of the ban.  If he re-enters the United States without permission then he committed a felony subject to imprisonment.  Anyone, including a new spouse who aided and abetted him to reenter the US is also subject to arrest (this includes US Citizens) It is a felony to assist a prior deport to reenter the US...this includes harboring.

David