Immigration Issues/deportation


  My husband was deported AT the BORDER of mexico and the U.S. Now i want to fix his papers, i want to know if we will have any problems in the process because of the deportation. If I am able to fix his papers what kind of documentation are needed to do this process?

Without knowing the basis for the "deportation" and whether he was actually ordered deported or just was turned around at the border, it is impossible to say with any accuracy at all.

It would be like telling a doctor that your chest hurts and asking what needs to be done to get better.  The answer could be anywhere from "nothing, it will get better by itself," to "you require immediate surgery or you are going to die."  Without examining the patient, the doctor cannot say.  Neither can I.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


James D. Mills, Esq.


I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.


I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997

©2017 All rights reserved.